Re: Explain XML patch v2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Explain XML patch v2
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> It can be optional since plugins can add parameters also.

GUCs I assume you mean, not grammar. Unless I'm misreading the code
though, if the plugin is there it will always run instead of the
regular explain code, so presumabiy that's optional as in XML or
nothing, not XML or standard output.

> It wouldn't take long to make up a plugin for 8.3 once this patch has
> been committed to core for 8.4, so if you're saying you'd definitely
> like it in core then I'm OK with that.

If i's always there it's definitely more useful to pgAdmin, and
doesn't require that we instruct users to install more server side
plugin code to use the features they want.

--
Dave Page