Re: Mailing list lists - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Mailing list lists
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>  This is actually an open thread dave :P. I brought this up before EAST.

Oh, sorry - it's been a busy couple of weeks.

>  My thought was to modify the main .Org site to be the authoritative
>  reference and have the front page of archives point there.

I think it makes more sense to have it all on archives - the most
authoritative source of sanitized info we have for the public lists is
the archives themselves. It would be relatively easy to have the list
autogenerated form the filesystem, and store some descriptive text and
a category name for each list there as well. New lists could appear
automagically but go into an 'uncategorised' section with no
description until someone remembers to add it.

I'd prefer it to all be in a database, but I feel that unless the main
index, list intro pages and subscription pages are all managed that
way it'll just add complexity to no great benefit.

--
Dave Page