Re: Patch queue -> wiki (was varadic patch) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Patch queue -> wiki (was varadic patch)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>  It is not clear to me how a wiki can be easily created for 2k emails and
>  then maintained in a reasonable way, or how emails can be added to it
>  easily.

That seems like a *really* odd thing for one of the founders of the
world's most advanced OSS DBMS project to say. It's all relational
(which we do do pretty well) - we can add links to the wiki to threads
in the archives, and anything posted from then on is self-maintaining
(except when new threads are started - but even if each patch gets 5
threads that's not a huge chore).

I see no reason to go manually copying all 2k emails to the wiki.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com