Re: MS library files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: MS library files
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 19, 2008 6:33 PM, Josue Gomes <josue.gomes.honeypot@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/19/08, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2008 1:16 PM, Josue Gomes <josue.gomes.honeypot@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm just wondering why lib\ms\*.lib files are not part of
> > > binaries-no-installer distribution.
> > > Is there any specific reason they're not included there?
> >
> > Everything is Microsoft-compiled now, so no need for special versions
> > of the import libraries any more.
> >

> Are you meaning that we can use .a files instead?

Sorry, I just realised you said you were using the binary-only distro.
In 8.0 through 8.2, we built with Mingw and bundled mingw libraries
with the installer and binary-only distros. In addition, the installer
had the Microsoft compatible libraries, but they weren't included in
the binary-only package.

From 8.3, the entire server is built with VC++. We ship the Microsoft
compatible libraries in both the binary-only and installer distros. We
do not ship any mingw libraries any more.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company