Re: msvcr80.dll and PostgreSQL 8.3 under Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: msvcr80.dll and PostgreSQL 8.3 under Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 5, 2008 7:52 AM, Hermann Muster <Hermann.Muster@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm using a clean Virtual PC Image of a German Windows XP SP2.

OK - I've been testing on a clean English XP Pro SP2.

> I also checked the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules
> Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm which is not available on my system.

It wouldn't be - that file is the merge module we build into the
installer, and unless you have a non-Express version of Visual C++ you
won't have it. It'll get unpacked into the files we need upon
installation.

> C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700\MSVCR80.dll
> is however exactly there on my system. But Dependancy Walker still does
> not find the MSVCR80.dll.

Thats where it is on my machine. Looking at the Microsoft notes
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235290.aspx) - it makes
the point that the installation will fail for non-administrators, and
the dependent apps then won't work. I don't suppose you have power
user rights but not full administrator rights in user account you're
using?

Regards,. Dave