Re: BUG #3863: libpq.lib missing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #3863: libpq.lib missing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 09/01/2008, izm_ka@rambler.ru <izm_ka@rambler.ru> wrote:

> Bug reference:      3863
> Logged by:
> Email address:      izm_ka@rambler.ru
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3 RC1
> Operating system:   Windows
> Details:
>
> Previous versions of the Postgres had libpq.lib file in $(PSQLSRC)\lib\ms
> folder. I can no longer find the lib file in either 8.2.5 or 8.3 RC1.

In 8.3 it's directly in the lib directory. thats because the whole
thing is built with VC++ now, so it's the default rather than an
alternative to the mingw libraries.

If it's missing in 8.2.5, my guess is that you didn't select the
Development Files option when you installed.

Regards, Dave