Re: Resore PG-Data from Files after crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Resore PG-Data from Files after crash
Date
List pgsql-general
tomtailor@freesurf.fr writes:
> Starting PostgreSQL database server: postmaster(FAILED)
> ERROR: There is no PostgreSQL database framework in /srv/postgres/data.
> Run initdb as the postgres user to create it

There is no such error string in Postgres proper -- I suppose the
complaint is coming from whatever start script you use.  Most of the
start scripts I've seen just look for a PG_VERSION file, and maybe
check its contents.

See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/storage.html
for some information about what needs to be there.

            regards, tom lane