Re: BUG #18545: \dt breaks transaction, calling error when executed in SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18545: \dt breaks transaction, calling error when executed in SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18545: \dt breaks transaction, calling error when executed in SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> On Sun, Aug 4, 2024 at 3:09 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Any opinions about whether it's too late to do this in v17?
>> Post-beta3 is pretty late, for sure, but maybe we could get
>> away with it.  And we are fixing a bug here.

> If this isn't going to appear in the beta3 build I'd say it's probably too
> late given the target audience for waiting on this is extension authors.
> If it is going into beta3 then I'd vote to allow it.

Nope, it's definitely not going into beta3; it's about two days
too late for that.

I agree fixing it in HEAD only is the more conservative course.
To do otherwise, we'd have to rank the #18545 bug as fairly
important, and I'm not sure I buy that given how long it took to
notice it.  But I was curious to see if anyone felt differently.

            regards, tom lane