Re: windows, cant find ostgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: windows, cant find ostgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 21, 2005, at 12:50 AM, Typing80wpm@aol.com wrote:

> I just did a windows install of postgresql.  I cannot find or edit the
> postgresql.conf.  This is a new Dell machine running XP Professional
> OS.
>
> I chose not to install as a windows service, but as a job which I can
> start and stop.
>
> Where should I look for help.

I have not installed without the service, but on my system there is a
link to the postgresql.conf file right in the Start menu program group
for PostgreSQL.

> Is it easy to uninstall?

Yes, just go to the Add or Remove programs control panel.

> Should I uninstall and then reinstall as a windows service?

Yes, it will likely make your life easier.

> If I install as a windows service, is that reversable, or might it
> permanently change my computer in some undesirable fashion.

The uninstall process is designed to reverse everything done by the
installer.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL