Re: pgAdmin in 8.4 installation uses tools from 8.3 installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Subject Re: pgAdmin in 8.4 installation uses tools from 8.3 installation
Date
List pgsql-general

We just upgraded a customer's PostgreSQL installation from 8.3 to 8.4.1.  I wanted to make a small change to the database.  I wanted to take a backup before I did it, just in case.  When I run pgAdmin from the PostgreSQL/8.4/bin folder and try to take a backup, the backup fails.  The output shows me that it is running PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/pg_dump.exe instead of PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_dump.exe.  I found that the psql window that can be invoked from the latest pgAdmin is also running a tool from the 8.3 installation.

How do I tell pgAdmin to use 8.4 tools instead of 8.3 tools?

Preferences?  I'm running on a Mac which means the preferences screen is accessible using PgAdmin3 > Preferences - on Windows it may be something like File/Tools > Options/Preferences.

Then set the "PG bin path" as appropriate.

It may also be that the 8.3 bin folder is set in your PATH variable.

Regards,
Andy