Strange Connection Problem…. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry LeVan
Subject Strange Connection Problem….
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I recently modified one of my Fedora boxes by changing it's name and ip.

I also disabled the internal wifi ( connection speed was dropping to 1 mb/sec ) and
configured a USB wifi stick ( wow 270~300 mb/sec ).

As I checked out the refurbed box networking was ok and I was able to connect
to Postgresql using pgsql and some of my personal apps.

However I could not connect to Postgresql from my other machines.

I tried ssh from another machine to the modified machine and of course ssh complained about have a bad key ( had
renamedthe
machine to a machine that I had given away recently and the key to the old machine
was still present.)

After I fixed the ssh problem I *was* able to connect to Postgresql on the refurbed
machine.

Do the postgresql libraries silently check to see if there is a ssh 'footprint' available
for a target machine and reject the connection attempt if they do not match?

Jerry