Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date
List pgsql-patches
Robert Lor <Robert.Lor@Sun.COM> writes:
> I haven't heard any major disadvantages about keeping it in c.h, but if
> you are still adamant about keeping it out of c.h, I'll will go along
> with that.

I was thinking that pg_trace.h involved some backend-only code, but
I'm not sure why I thought that :-(.  Yeah, your plan to do it by
restructuring the contents of pg_trace.h sounds fine.

We still have what I consider a big problem with the names of the
macros.  Perhaps that could be fixed by passing the auto-generated
file through a sed script to put a prefix on the macro names before
we start to use it?

            regards, tom lane