Re: Client-requested cast mode to emulate Pg8.2 on v8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Melser
Subject Re: Client-requested cast mode to emulate Pg8.2 on v8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
>  > I have the suspicion that his mother is named Lois, his father is
>  > unknown and he has a sensitivity to Kryptonite. But that's just
>  > speculation of course...
>  >
>  > Alban Hertroys
>

> Superman married Lois, I hope that isn't his Mom's name.

I got that he was the *son* of Superman... and really, in which
episode does he marry Lois (I admit I am not a devotee...)? I thought
the whole point was the sexual tension between the two...

Anyway, maybe I spoke too soon :-(.

ERROR: operator is not unique: integer || unknown

I did, of course, not follow the instructions and just blinding
applied them all, but from reading them it doesn't look like the issue
here. Does this error mean there are too many operators or not enough?
Meaning another function + cast would solve it? Or maybe making the
function more complex (by taking into account more possible cases)?
Cheers
Anton