Re: recommendations for reducing mem usage on local dev machine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Melser
Subject Re: recommendations for reducing mem usage on local dev machine
Date
List pgsql-general
On 14/04/07, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> wrote:
> # melser.anton@gmail.com / 2007-04-14 13:27:33 +0200:
> > Hi,
> > I am stuck for the moment with 1gig of ram on a win xp machine running
> > a 8.2.3 postgres. With the java website taking 300meg,
>
> how is it going to scale?

It's not! The site is already serving thousands of concurrent users,
and running on 8 servers (admin, load balancer, db, java servers, ...)
- and it is running fine. I am developing a module, and pretty much
need to have everything on my machine, hence my need to do with 1 gig
what the real servers are doing with 10s. A LOT of stuff gets cached,
which is why it is so mem hungry...
Cheers
Anton