Re: Views, views, views! (long) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com> writes:
> 2.  Almost all of the information that cannot fit will be useful to
> other database systems as well, and should be suggested to the ANSI/ISO
> committee.  Since INFORMATION_SCHEMA is a very new idea (only two
> adopters that I know of so far) I expect it will need to grow and
> PostgreSQL could be one of the contributors.

[ raised eyebrow... ]  INFORMATION_SCHEMA is in the SQL92 spec.
If only two systems have adopted it in the last 13 years, it's
a failure and the SQL committee is unlikely to want to spend any
time on it.  In any case, they just issued a spec and so there is
very unlikely to be another update for another five or so years.