Re: Triggers in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Triggers in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Mair <list@1006.org> writes:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/triggers.html
>> " It is not currently possible to write a trigger function in the
>> plain SQL function language. "

> The whole paragraph says.

> "It is also possible to write a trigger function in C, although most
> people find it easier to use one of the procedural languages. It is not
> currently possible to write a trigger function in the plain SQL function
> language."

And that comes *after* a paragraph talking about the different
procedural languages you can write a trigger in.  I can't imagine how
anyone would come away from reading that with the impression that C
is the first recommendation for writing triggers.

            regards, tom lane