Re: Gripes about walsender command processing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Gripes about walsender command processing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I think that walsenders ought to report their current replication command
> as though it were a SQL command.  They oughta set debug_query_string, too.

I also notice that a walsender does not maintain its ps status:

postgres  921109  100  0.0  32568 11880 ?        Rs   18:57   0:51 postgres: publisher: walsender postgres [local] idle

I don't mind if we decide we don't need to reflect the walsender's
true activity, but let's not have it showing an outright lie.