Re: Backup and restore through JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marlon Petry
Subject Re: Backup and restore through JDBC
Date
Re: Backup and restore through JDBC  (Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

> The idea is to make one pg_dump of the server and to keep in the
> machine of client.
> And to restore this pg_dump when it will be necessary through the
> machine of the client.
> Perhaps I will have that to use some store procedure in the server, I
> do not know

pg_dump and pg_restore do not need to run on the server machine. Why not
just run them where you want the dump stored?

cheers

andrew

But I would need to have installed pg_dump and pg_restore in machine client?
Without having installed pg_dump and pg_restore,how I could make

regards,Marlon