Re: recover corrupted pg_controldata from WAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brusser, Michael
Subject Re: recover corrupted pg_controldata from WAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I can’t contribute with any technical advice, but as a user I had to resort to using pg_resetxlog few times.

I wonder if it is possible to make it more user-friendly. It was never clear to me whether it was sufficient to run it

without any arguments, and if not what these arguments should be.

Perhaps at the minimum the –help option could be extended?

Thank you,

Mike