Re: Pltcl error - could not create "normal" interpreter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Pltcl error - could not create "normal" interpreter
Date
List pgsql-general
"Lenorovitz, Joel" <Joel.Lenorovitz@usap.gov> writes:
> Could somebody shed any light on the error message below that came from
> trying to call a simple pltcl test function?  I am running Postgres 8.1
> on WinXP and just recently added the pltcl language by copying Tcl84.dll
> into my system directory (C:/Windows/System32) and successfully issuing
> the command:
>> createlang pltcl -U db_admin postgres

Hm, surely that .dll is not the only component of a standard Tcl
installation?  The error message is pretty unhelpful I agree, but
I suspect it may mean that Tcl's attempt to execute some kind of
init file failed.

            regards, tom lane