timestamp with time zone tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject timestamp with time zone tutorial
Date
Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial
List pgsql-general
INSERTing timestampz, 'to_timestamp', output formatting, input formatting, SERVER TIME, USER_LOCAL_TIME, multi timezone
applications.

Anyone wonder how those all work? **I** sure do!!!

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do all those? Can anyone who is knowledgeable about this:

     (1) Post a good description.
     (2) Post a link to a good description.
     (3) Give input to me so that I can write a good tutorial to post on
           the postgres site?

TIA,
Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
EARTH has a Right To Life

I agree with Bolivian President Evo Morales

# The right to life: "The right for no ecosystem to be eliminated by the irresponsible acts of human beings."

# The right of biosystems to regenerate themselves: "Development cannot be infinite. There's a limit on everything."

# The right to a clean life: "The right for Mother Earth to live without contamination, pollution. Fish and animals and
treeshave rights."

# The right to harmony and balance between everyone and everything: "We are all interdependent."

See the movie - 'Inconvenient Truth'
See the movie - 'Syriana'