Re: List of Auxiliary Projects - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: List of Auxiliary Projects
Date
List pgsql-www
On 02/02/2020 17:52, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> This is intended to bring more visibility to projects used and
>> developed
>> by the PostgreSQL project to help run things like infrastructure or
>> conferences. There is quite a number of tools which are not visible
>> otherwise.
>>
>> Then, what is the purpose to make them visible ? They are internal projects not for regular users.
> I think the gist of this is that they very well may be for anyone, they are
> just quite unknown and dont reach a large audience as of now.  The pgeu-system
> for example is used even outside of the postgres community these days.

Indeed. It's not about keeping this software under the shelf, but about
a) making it visible, b) enable other people to use it and c) potentially
have other people contribute to it. All of this doesn't work if it's hidden
in a repo on git.postgresql.org. That's why I initially did not only add
the project itself, but also contact information.

> The question of what an auxiliary project is, and whick ones qualify, should
> probably be clarified somewhere however.

Open to suggestions. Also to what other projects should be included.

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group