Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hm, so it seems we should make the test separately verify that perl -M{Opcode,
> ExtUtils::Embed, ExtUtils::ParseXS} doesn't fail, so that we can fail perl
> detection with a useful message?

Our existing policy is that we should check this at configure time,
not later.  Since plperl won't work at all without Opcode, it seems
appropriate to add a check there if you say --with-perl.  I wasn't
aware that Red Hat had unbundled that from the minimal perl
installation :-(.

OTOH, if they've not unbundled ExtUtils::Embed or ExtUtils::ParseXS,
I doubt it's worth the configure cycles to check for those separately.