Re: Minor issues in .pgpass - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Minor issues in .pgpass
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2020/03/03 22:07, Hamid Akhtar wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 5:38 PM Hamid Akhtar <hamid.akhtar@gmail.com <mailto:hamid.akhtar@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:07 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com <mailto:masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>>
wrote:

>         On 2020/02/29 0:46, Hamid Akhtar wrote:
>          > The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
>          > make installcheck-world:  not tested
>          > Implements feature:       not tested
>          > Spec compliant:           not tested
>          > Documentation:            not tested
>          >
>          > First of all, this seems like fixing a valid issue, albeit, the probability of somebody messing is low,
butit is still better to fix this problem.

>          >
>          > I've not tested the patch in any detail, however, there are a couple of comments I have before I proceed
onwith detailed testing.

>         Thanks for the review and comments!
>
>          > 1. pgindent is showing a few issues with formatting. Please have a look and resolve those.
>
>         Yes.

Fixed. Attached is the updated version of the patch.
I marked this CF entry as "Needs Review" again.

>          > 2. I think you can potentially use "len" variable instead of introducing "buflen" and "tmplen" variables.
>
>         Basically I don't want to use the same variable for several purposes
>         because which would decrease the code readability.
>

> That is fine.
>

>          > Also, I would choose a more appropriate name for "tmp" variable.
>
>         Yeah, so what about "rest" as the variable name?
>

> May be something like "excess_buf" or any other one that describes that these bytes are to be discarded.

Thanks for the comment! But IMO that "rest" is not
so bad choice, so for now I used "rest" in the latest patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT DATA CORPORATION