Duplicated tables of certain columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yan Cheng CHEOK
Subject Duplicated tables of certain columns
Date
List pgsql-general
I try to duplicate a tables of certain columns by using

CREATE TABLE backup_table AS SELECT * FROM unit_11 WHERE status = 1;

I realize the above command will duplicate content of table unit_11 to backup_table. However, the index is not being
carriedover. Hence, I change my command to

create table backup_table ( like unit_11 INCLUDING DEFAULTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING INDEXES );
INSERT INTO backup_table SELECT * FROM unit_11 WHERE status = 1;

It works fine with the following output

Table unit_11
=============
unit_id [PK]    fk_lot_id    status        value
1        11        1        100
2        11        1        101
3        11        0        102

Table backup_table
==================
unit_id [PK]    fk_lot_id    status        value
1        11        1        100
2        11        1        101

However, this is not what I want. I wish to have all columns being duplicated over except for column "fk_lot_id", where
Iwould like to define my own "fk_lot_id". My final wished table is as follow.

Table backup_table
unit_id [PK]    fk_lot_id    status        value
1        99        1        100
2        99        1        101

May I know how I can achieve these by using combination of SQL command?

Thanks!

Thanks and Regards
Yan Cheng CHEOK