Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 29/12/2019 17:31, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 2:02 PM Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> I'm all for this (and even suggested it during the IRC conversation that
>>> prompted this patch). It's rife with bikeshedding, though.  My original
>>> proposal was to use '&' and Andrew Gierth would have used ':'.
>> I think this is a good proposal regardless of which character we
>> decide to use. My order of preference from highest-to-lowest would
>> probably be :*&, but maybe that's just because I'm reading this on
>> Sunday rather than on Tuesday.
> I don't have any particular objection to '&' if people prefer that.

I wrote the patch so I got to decide. :-)  I will also volunteer to do
the grunt work of changing the symbol if consensus wants that, though.

It turns out that my original patch didn't really change, all the meat
is in the keywords patch.  The superuser patch is to be applied on top
of the keywords patch.

--

Vik Fearing

Attachment