Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim Mikheev <vadim@krs.ru> writes:
>> I suspect that huge INIT_TABLE_SIZE prevented dynamic expanding the
>> hash tables and seems there's something wrong in the routines
>> responsible for that.

> Seems like that -:(

OK, as the last guy to touch dynahash.c I suppose this is my
bailiwick... I will look into it today.

> If we'll not fix expand hash code before 6.5 release then
> I would recommend to don't use INIT_TABLE_SIZE in

If we can't figure out what's really wrong then that might be
a good kluge solution to get 6.5 out the door.  But I'd rather
try to fix it right first.

Can anyone send me a test case script that reproduces the problem?