Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
Date
Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
List pgsql-docs
On 5/10/20 12:27 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Just FTR, here's a complete patch for this.

Cool. I'll play around with it tonight once I clear out release work.
Per upthread reference, I believe you've become a CSS maven yourself.

> I successfully regenerated
> the column names, types, and ordering from the system catalogs, and
> plugged the descriptions back into that by dint of parsing them out of
> the XML.  The "references" data was based on findoidjoins' results plus
> hand additions to cover all the cases we are calling out now (there are
> a lot of "references" links for attnums and a few other non-OID columns,
> plus references links for views which findoidjoins doesn't consider).
> So I have pretty high confidence that this info is OK.  I'd be too
> embarrassed to show anybody the code though ;-) ... it was just a brute
> force hack.
If it works it works ;)

Jonathan

Attachment