Re: PATCH(WIP): Printing Support And Save GQB/Explain as an image - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: PATCH(WIP): Printing Support And Save GQB/Explain as an image
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Guillaume,

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le jeudi 19 novembre 2009 à 09:33:44, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :

You're right in the diagnostics, but your wrong patch is obviously wrong.
Anyways, I was able to compile (after I finally understood I needed the
libgnomeprintui library), run, and then test it.

I've mentioned this in the first mail of this thead, that we need to have libgnomeprintui on linux. :(
And, for the same reason, I've modified the 'xtra/wx-build/build-wxgtk' file. :)

And it's really a great addition to pgAdmin.

 Thanks.

Two comments:

* the Explain menu for print preview/print/save as image should be disabled if
the explain is not already available (so that the user doesn't get a warning
message telling them they couldn't have the print of the explain).

* I don't like the location and the text of the item "SaveAs image". I think
it would be better to label it "Save As Image" (note the space between Save
and As). Its location should be just under the "Save As" item, probably mixed
with it (something like:

 Save As -> Query (text)
            Explain (image)
            GQB (image)
Sure, I will send ths updated patch soon.

Anyways, nice work :)

Thanks.

Facing couple of issues
, as described below:
1. On OSX (Mac):
   - If I see a print preview for any of Query/Explain/GQB, it works perfectly.
     But, when we close the Print-Preview dialog, the query dialog is not getting enabled.
     Something is missing, but I am not able to figure out.
2. On all the platforms:
   - If I call the new function updateModelSize(...), when we add new table to the model.
   - In this case, after selecting a table/view from the left size tree (browser), if I click couple of times (five-six times frequently) , then pgAdmin3 is crashing.
   - I tried to use the mutex/Semaphore, but it was still not working. :(
   (For the same reason, I have not added the updateModelSize(...) function, while creating/deleting a table/view, in this patch)
3. Resolution problem in GQB/Explain (Print/Print-Preview). It does not look good. The text is fading a little bit.)

Would you please help me on this?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA -
The Enterprise Postgres Company

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler..." -- Albert Einstein
"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think." -- Swami Vivekananda