Re: pgtap in our apt repo - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Jon Erdman
Subject Re: pgtap in our apt repo
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian

Cool, I'll see if I can use make install to try to put then in all extensions dies that exist.

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

-------- Original message --------
From: "David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com>
Date: 05/26/2015 12:21 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Jon Erdman <jon.erdman@bluetreble.com>
Cc: Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr>, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com>, PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: pgtap in our apt repo

On May 25, 2015, at 12:26 PM, Jon Erdman <jon.erdman@bluetreble.com> wrote:

> Problem is, I'm not *certain* the .sql files in the extensions dir really are version agnostic. I'd have to build it for 9.1-4 and compare them.

They are not. Notably, the pg_version() function gets the version added to it by configure. Other than that, you can see how the files vary by version by looking at the patches in compat. There are patches for 8.0-9.0, but not since 9.0. If you’re only on 9.1 or above, only pg_version() changes.

Best,

David