Re: Problem with postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Problem with postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/27/2018 07:18 AM, Gian mario Caggiu wrote:
Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

Alsothis doesn’t work. All downloads from http://www.postgresql.org .

> And i install it how the website advised me.

There are six choices for Mac:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/

You will need to be more specific on which option you chose.

Also what Web site are you referring to when talking about install
instructions?

When you say did not work, can you be more specific, with error messages
if possible?

> Gian Mario Caggiu
>
>> Il giorno 27 mar 2018, alle ore 06:03, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> ha scritto:
>>
>>> On 03/26/2018 04:41 AM, Gian mario Caggiu wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm a student and I downloaded postgreSQL to my Mac but I found a problem. The program does not start, I do not
understandwhy, but that's

>> Where did you download it from?
>>
>> What version of Postgres?
>>
>> How did you install it?
>>
>>> not what scares me. The fact is that a virtual user has been created called 'postgreSQL' which has appropriated all
thefunctions of the administrator user. Can I kindly ask you why and how did this happen?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com