Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/30/21 8:06 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> We get this question often.  Why do people feel they need to upgrade to
>>> intermediate releases?  If we knew, maybe we could better clarify this.
>>
>> I believe this is coming from the Oracle world. You can, e.g.not directly go from 9 to18. There are supported
upgradepaths and you need to stick to those, but they are documented.

> What other software needs to upgrade through all intermediate versions?

Many variations of OS'es, though not all. One of the benefits of Ubuntu
is that you can jump from x.LTS to y.LTS over intermediate versions.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com