Re: Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Ledford
Subject Re: Daylight Saving Time question PostgreSQL 8.1.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You can try the symlink game if you want, but it'll be on your own head
> whether it works or not.  (For the record, I am hoping to do exactly
> that in future releases for Red Hat ... but in that context I know what
> the system's timezone code is.  I'm less sure that I know what Apple
> is using.)

Thank you all for your speedy and informative replies. I had a good
idea why you wouldn't symlink (for release consistency), but I wasn't
aware that there were format differences in the timezone files.

Currently Apple's format appears to work fine with postgresql. And
given the responses and to make a quick job of it I will be copying
Apple's files only on the machines affected instead of symlinking
until we can coordinate a new version update. It seems that we are
only being affected in Canada...

Thanks again,
Michael