Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Daniel van Ham Colchete
Subject Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Dave,

On 12/11/06, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel
> On 10-Dec-06, at 8:02 PM, Daniel van Ham Colchete wrote:
>
> > Hi Gene,
> >
> > at my postgresql.conf, the only non-comented lines are:
> > fsync = off
> This can, and will result in lost data.

I know... If there is a power failure things can happen. I'm know, but
the performance dif is really really big I just have to decide if I'm
willing to take that chance or not.

> > lc_messages = 'C'
> > lc_monetary = 'C'
> > lc_numeric = 'C'
> > lc_time = 'C'
>
> How much memory does this machine have and what version of postgresql
> are you using?
It's only a test server with 512MB RAM, I only used it to see how well
would  the PostgreSQL do in a ugly case.

Daniel