Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Oct 10, 2007, at 13:30 , Tom Lane wrote:

> That could perhaps be
> addressed by merging it into 8.4 before anyone does any snapshot
> fixing,
> but our track record on causing such things to happen in a particular
> sequence isn't great ...

Granted, everyone's focused on the 8.3 branch right now, but with the
enthusiasm of those who want txid, I can't help but think there'd be
a patch ready and waiting the day 8_3_STABLE is tagged. And there's
no reason not to have something submitted to -patches right now
(unless it's not ready)—there are patches in the patch queue that
didn't make it in before feature freeze.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net