Re: Should a DB vacuum use up a lot of space ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philippe Girolami
Subject Re: Should a DB vacuum use up a lot of space ?
Date
List pgsql-general
@Adrian, no problem ! I’m sure someone else will run into this and have the same questions, hopefully they’ll find the
answers.

I am seeing something weird though (again, this is v9.1): after my database became usable again, I started getting the
10Mwarning on template0. So I made it connectable and ran VACUUM FREEZE on it and made it unconnectable again. That
resolvethe warning.

However, I see the “age” keeps increasing on that database as I ran queries on my own db. Yesterday the age was 32 and
nowit’s already 77933902

Is that to be expected ? I didn’t expect it

Thanks