Re: Question: Who's Using Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From flume33@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Question: Who's Using Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have a general question about who is using Postgresql.

One thing that has not been mentioned is the ability to start companies
with a very small budget.

I am developing the webified office backend on an oldish Mac OSX laptop
with postgres / php / apache. I am Mr Mom and the laptop allows me too
work instantly with partners, clients and the main website. The
flexibility is fantastic.

Ever tried to put oracle on a laptop?? A coworker has, and for some
reason 5 high end laptops could keep him busy for a few days with
oracle, java and configuration, etc. I think it took much longer then an
hour just to load oracle. The first time I set up the Mac it took 30
minutes to get everything going with no problems.

I met a few of the developers at a past Linux expo. They seemed very
nice and very capable. I am very pleased with the development pace and
focus of postgres. Each new release is like christmas :-) Plus the
postgres lists are great sources of education!

Thanks, Jeff Fitzmyers