Streaming replication - slave server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Nelson
Subject Streaming replication - slave server
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a nicely working 3 server, 1 master, 2 slave setup.  All servers are running on Ubuntu 12.04.  I was considering
buildinga new slave server on 16.04.

The master is currently running 9.1.13, the slave I'm going to replace is running 9.1.20.

Does the new slave have to be running 9.1?  Or can use the latest, which appears to be 9.5 on 16.04?

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Since 1982, Starpoint Solutions has been a trusted source of human capital and solutions. We are committed to our
clients,employees, environment, community and social concerns.  We foster an inclusive culture based on trust, respect,
honestyand solid performance. Learn more about Starpoint and our social responsibility at
http://www.starpoint.com/social_responsibility

This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of  the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidentialand privileged  information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If
youare not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
StarpointSolutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.