Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: BUG #17212: pg_amcheck fails on checking temporary relations
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Oct 6, 2021, at 2:45 PM, Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> and db3 is in recovery.

<snip>

> they're scattered across different databases, some in recovery, some not.

What I mean here is that, since pg_amcheck might run for many hours, and database may start in recovery but then exit
recovery,or may be restarted and go into recovery while we're not connected to them, the tool may see differences when
processinga pattern against one database at one point in time and the same or different patterns against the same or
differentdatabases at some other point in time.  We don't get the luxury of assuming that nothing changes out from
underus.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company