Re: 8.1-407 JDBC driver issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: 8.1-407 JDBC driver issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This belongs on the jdbc driver list....
On 27-Oct-06, at 6:29 AM, lasitha weerasinghe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using postgresql 8.1-407 jdbc driver with postgresql 7.4.13
> database and it seems like there is an issue when the driver is
> used in jdbc transactions. I'm using this version of the jdbc
> driver,  cause I haven't came across any fixes for the 8.1.4
> security issuse for the 7.4.13 database driver. I only noticed that
> the fix has been done for the v.8 drivers only.
>
> But the problem i'm facing now is when i'm using statements in a
> transaction (setting the connection.setAutoCommit(false)) some of
> the records doesn't go to the database. This is not a frequent
> issue and also I have noticed couple of times that if I try to add
> the same record again the db will throw duplicate record exception
> even though the record is not there in the database.
>
> this is the code i'm using for JDBC transactions.
>
> connection.setAutoCommit( false );
> connection.setTransactionIsolation
> (Connection.TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE);
> try {
>     // ... execute statements
>     connection.commit();
> } catch (Exception e) {
>     logger.logError(e);
>     connection.rollback();
> }
>
> is anyone of you came across this problem and managed to find a
> solution?
The 8.1 driver should work fine on a 7.4 server, now I still don't
know the problem ? I've never seen it not put the record in the
database ? Have you looked at the server logs ?
I need more information to fix this .
Dave