Re: Using make_timestamp() to create a BC value - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryn Llewellyn
Subject Re: Using make_timestamp() to create a BC value
Date
List pgsql-general
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

Bryn wrote:

But this invocation makes the assertion fail:
call assert_make_ts_from_extracted_fields_from_ts_ok('0001-01-01 00:00:00 BC');
The 22008 error is reported thus:
date field value out of range: -1-01-01

As of v14, make_timestamp[tz] will accept negative year values as meaning BC. Before that, they threw errors.

Ah… that's excellent news. Thanks for the lightening fast response, Tom. Thanks, too, to Adrian who passed on similar news, and this link:

I did my test using PostgreSQL 13.4. Forgive me for not mentioning this.