NAMEDATALEN change - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gregory Williamson
Subject NAMEDATALEN change
Date
List pgsql-admin

We need to change the maximum length of table/column name lengths, and it looks as if changing NAMEDATALEN in src/include/postgres_ext.h and recompiling postgres.

2 questions:

a) Do I need to dump the database and reload ? (my guess is yes but only a guess ...)

b) any caveats or warnings about this ?

TIA,

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC, a DigitalGlobe company

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)