Re: information schema extra fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: information schema extra fields
Date
List pgsql-general
On Dec 9, 2004, at 12:46 PM, Ron Peterson wrote:

> I was just reading the PostgreSQL documentation about Information
> Schemas.  Some of the tables have fields which are described as
>
> "Applies to a feature not available in PostgreSQL"

The information schema is a part of the SQL standard that allows access
to information about the structure of the database schema. PostgreSQL
strives to implement the SQL standard, but there are some features of
the SQL standard that PostgreSQL has not yet implemented or has decided
not to. You can check SQL conformance in the documentation.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com