Re: Creating indexes - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Asche
Subject Re: Creating indexes
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

Hi, all. I want to ask what type of index is better to create for
bigint types. I have table with bigint (bigserial) primary key. What

PostgreSQL automatically creates an index for each unique constraint and primary key constraint to enforce uniqueness. Thus, it is not necessary to create an index explicitly for primary key columns.

type is better to use for it? I tried btree and hash, but didn't

You already have an index on your bigint primary key. I think it is of type btree.

Jan