Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches
Date
Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches
List pgsql-hackers
> On 06/13/2011 08:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I looked into $SUBJECT.  There appear to be two distinct issues:

> I think we can be a bit more liberal about build patches than things
> that can affect the runtime behaviour.

> So +1 for fixing both of these.

I've committed patches that fix these issues on my own OS X machine,
though it remains to be seen whether polecat and colugos will like
them.  It turns out that whatever setup Robert has got with
'/Volumes/High Usage/' is really *not* fully exercising the system
as far as space-containing paths go, because I found bugs in all
active branches when I tried to do builds and installs underneath
'/Users/tgl/foo bar/'.  Is it worth setting up a buildfarm critter
to exercise the case on a long-term basis?  If we don't, I think
we can expect that it'll break regularly.

(I wouldn't care to bet that the MSVC case works yet, either.)