Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging freezing - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging freezing
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Huh, but the log would not be flushed for each operation that the vacuum
> logs.  Only when it's going to commit.

It strikes me that the vacuum cost delay feature omits to consider
generation of WAL records as a cost factor.  It may not be a big problem
though, as long as we can limit the number of records created to one or
two per page --- then you can see it as just a component of the "dirtied
a page" cost.  If we made a separate WAL record for each tuple then it
could be important to account for.

            regards, tom lane