Re: Autovacuum Error Message out of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Autovacuum Error Message out of memory
Date
List pgsql-general
Reto Wittwer <reto.wittwer@exsila.com> writes:
> Hello everyone
> I have the following error in my postgres-log:
> 2011-02-18 16:33:46.262 CET [2068:1] @ FEHLER: Speicher aufgebraucht
> 2011-02-18 16:33:46.262 CET [2068:2] @ DETAIL: Fehler bei Anfrage mit Gr��e 893716290.

Right offhand this looks like a corrupt-data problem, ie, trashed length
word in some variable-length value.  Autovacuum isn't particularly at
fault, it just happens to be trying to examine a value that you haven't
read lately in regular use of the database.  I'd suggest seeing whether
pg_dump doesn't find the problem too; if so you'll need to start doing
data recovery.

            regards, tom lane