Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Luzanov
Subject Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24.04.2023 23:53, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> I copied the committer who most recently touched pg_stat_io (Michael
> Paquier) to see if we could get someone interested in committing this
> docs update.

I can explain my motivation by suggesting this update.

pg_stat_io is a very impressive feature. So I decided to try it.
I see 4 rows for some 'standalone backend'  out of 30 total rows of the
view.

The attempt to find description of 'standalone backend' in the docs
did not result in anything. pg_stat_io page references pg_stat_activity
for backend types. But pg_stat_activity page doesn't say anything
about 'standalone backend'.

I think this question will be popular without clarifying in docs.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com