Re: Alternate or Optimization for with hold cursor - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rakesh Kumar
Subject Re: Alternate or Optimization for with hold cursor
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 12, 2016, at 4:57 AM, sangeetha <tune2sangee@gmail.com> wrote:

Currently , I am using "With hold" cursor. In our case , the With hold cursor
is used to fetch the next record of the given primary key .

Can you explain your use case. If i understand with hold correctly, it is typically used to preserve locks even after
commit, so as to get a consistent view of data.

The performance
is very slow for large data set. Can you provide me some alternative ways
like having own copy of table , or optimization for With hold cursor?

Thanks and Regards,
S.Sangeetha