Draft release notes for 9.3.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Draft release notes for 9.3.2
Date
Re: Draft release notes for 9.3.2
List pgsql-hackers
I've put up draft notes at
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=23e796de15567e9d31e8f9e8661828179f24a7be
and they should be visible on the docs website at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-3-2.html
in half an hour or so, after guaibasaurus does its next buildfarm run.
I'd like to do any required editing on the notes at this stage,
before I start extracting relevant subsets for the older branches.
So:

* is it useful to go into more detail than this about the data corruption
bugs?  It's not clear to me that we can say more than "vacuum and re-clone
your standbys" as far as recovery actions go, at least not within the
couple of sentences that we traditionally allow for a release note item.

* is there anything important to be said about the fourth and fifth bullet
points ("Fix bugs in setting the visibility-map bit for an empty page"
and "Fix multiple bugs in update chain traversal")?  The commit log
entries these were summarized from didn't spend much breath on saying what
the user-visible consequences were.  Are any of those likely to be sources
of data corruption that would persist past the upgrade?

* any other items that need to be corrected or expanded?